Howdy! It’s been a little crazy around these parts, hence why I’m posting Friday’s post on…Saturday. But hey, at least it’s something. Here’s a look at some of the highs from the week:
1. Chris bought himself a new lawnmower AND mowed our lawn this past weekend. After years of having a lawn service, I was surprised this new DIY plan actually came to be. We’ll see how long it lasts, maybe we should even start making bets.
2. This past weekend I got to celebrate the impending arrival of my friend Tanya’s baby boy. Doesn’t she look flawless? Oh and if you haven’t checked out her business, it’s a must. She is the queen of awesome jewelry and sells accessories on Facebook every other Monday night. Like Shorthouse Style to stay updated.
3. You know I love cool (or nerdy) number patterns. This week was like the coolest week ever. Everyday was the same numbers both backward and forward.
4. I had to chug the orange drink on Wednesday for the the glucose gestational diabetes test. I’ve been eating more sweets than I’d like to admit, so I was a little nervous about passing. Luckily I got the email yesterday that I passed! Bring on the Peeps!
5. While visiting our old house, I stumbled upon these beauties in the front yard. I planted tulip bulbs back in the fall and am very surprised to see they actually bloomed! Maybe I do have a tiny little bit of a green thumb…my indoor house plants would say otherwise though.
Have the best weekend! Happy Easter!
Yay, it’s nursery time! I’ve had plenty of thoughts and spent lots of time on Pinterest thinking about Frances’ nursery. Overall I want a neutral room with pops of color – for a space that’s both modern and comfortable. I want the room to fit into the rest of the house yet still be a fun place for little Frances to grow up in.
So here are my thoughts thrown together in a mood board. Only a few items are certain at this time (meaning I’ve already purchased them) but others are still TBD. I’ll definitely update you as it all gets put together! For now it’s mostly filled with boxes…guess we need to finish unpacking…
1. Nate Berkus for Target pillow (Already got this – it’s my main inspiration for the room. I’m loving the purple and gold!)
2. Hanging bookshelves
3. Ikea crib
4. Bright Prints & Garland
5. DIY Tassel Mobile
6. Target Woven Jute stool (Also purchased already. I’ve been wanting this stool for our house, then realized it would make the perfect ottoman for a rocker in the nursery.)
7. Hanging wire storage baskets
8. White Modern Rocker
Despite Chris not being particular thrilled to eat broccoli for dinner, this Broccoli Stir-Fry with Ginger-Avocado Sauce turned out really well. The only change I made was to serve it on top of a bed of quinoa for some added protein. The avocado sauce was my favorite part, and could be used on more than just this recipe. It also held up well leftover. Typically avocado creams turn brown, but as long as you add enough lemon juice to the recipe you’ll be fine.
Enjoy for a quick and fresh dinner, preferably outside enjoying these amazing spring evenings.
Blazer – Nordstrom Rack (similar) // Tank – MM Couture by Miss Me // Maternity Jeans // Booties – Clarks (similar) // Necklace – Target // Lips – Dayum Red! by Parallel Face and Body
Last night Chris took me out for my birthday dinner. We tried Kimball House over in Decatur and it was fantastic. My mocktail, the bone marrow appetizer, my hoppin’ john and mushroom entrée, and our mille feuille dessert, all were fabulous. Mmm, I could go back right now.
Today marks the start of my 25th week. I am very lucky to report that I’ve been feeling really good. It might not last much longer, but for now, while I am getting big, it hasn’t impacted me too much. My energy levels are good and my body isn’t aching. I am, however, starting to experience pregnancy brain. I’ve totally blanked on random words, and I lost the access card to my office (which is very unlike me because I always keep it in the same spot!). We’ll see what the next several weeks have in store, but for now I’m enjoying feeling pretty normal.
It has hit 80 degrees every day for the last three days. And I’m now the happiest girl around. Even though I’ve developed pollen allergies recently, spring is still my fave. There’s so much about it that gets me excited and ready for the second best season – summer.
Spring makes me want to host a party and enjoy the warmth in the backyard.
Makes me want to learn how to arrange flowers.
Makes me want to sip cocktails on a patio. For now I need to figure out a good mocktail to make myself…everyday…
Makes me want to wear all things bright and happy.
Makes me want to bake yummy treats.
What does spring have you inspired to do?