Nothing says comfort like a warm, hearty bowl of soup. This is not only a healthy soup it’s also simple to make, flavorful and filling. The perfect winter soup that you must make!
The ingredients necessary are below:
Cooking the onions and potatoes.
Letting the flavors get to know each other.
Mmm a warm, comforting bowl of soup.
Vegan Sausage and Kale Soup Recipe
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 sweet onions, chopped
- 4 medium sized potatoes, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 large bunch of kale, coarsely chopped
- Vegan chorizo
- 5 cups vegetable broth
- 1 can Great Northern beans
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 bay leaves
1. Warm olive oil in a large pot over medium high heat. Add chopped onion and potatoes. Cook covered for 15 minutes.
2. Add garlic and kale and cook covered for 2 minutes, until kale is cooked down. While kale wilts down, cook the vegan sausage according to package directions.
3. Add broth, cooked vegan chorizo, beans, tomatoes, salt, pepper and bay leaves. Bring to a boil and then cook on medium heat for 25 minutes.
You can also serve this with warm multi-grain bread for dipping. Enjoy!