We had a lovely night in with each other for Valentine’s Day. Being a Friday night, we came home from work and got cooking. Chris took care of the pork tenderloin while I chopped potatoes, snapped green beans and prepped the salad.
We even sat at the actual dining room table while we ate dinner, and we lit a candle. Fancy, I tell ya. After a couple helpings of dinner and lots of talking we turned on House of Cards. We only made it through an episode and a half before I started falling asleep, but so far the new season is good!
How was your V-day? Have you started House of Cards season two yet?
Happy Valentine’s Day!
1. I’m an aunt again! To a beautiful little niece! My brother and Tory’s daughter, Hadleigh, was born on Wednesday morning and is as cute as can be. My sister and I are hoping to get down to visit them soon. Congratulations Steven and Tory!
2. I have a three-day weekend – what what! My office is closed Monday for President’s Day, but Chris has to work. I’m thinking Monday may become a fun shopping day for myself.
3. Today I put on some red to help celebrate Valentine’s Day. And I even tried curling my hair, with a straightener. I don’t know what got into me this morning.
4. Chris surprised me last night with some pretty red roses for Valentine’s Day. Thanks, babe!
5. House of Cards has officially been released to Netflix. I even checked that it’s there…and it is indeed! Chris and I are probably going to watch a couple episodes after our dinner tonight.
Hope you have a wonderful weekend!!
Top – Anthropologie (similar) // Jeans – Gap // Necklace – Zara (similar) // Booties – Franco Sarto // Lips – MAC Lady Bug and Parallel Face & Body’s Dayum Red
Who’s got a hot date for Valentine’s Day? I think Chris and I are on planning on staying in, cooking pork tenderloin and watching either the series we just started, Scandal, or House of Cards since it’s being released Friday. It’s a crazy life we lead over here…but really I think I’d rather have a laid back evening since it’s bound to be packed for a Friday V-day.
Head over to the Trend Spin Linkup to see some other great red and pink outfit ideas for Valentine’s Day.
Wow, can you believe it’s February already? That means Valentine’s day will be here soon and by the end of this month, Chris and I should be closing on our new house! Originally we were thinking about spending Valentine’s weekend on a warm beach in Mexico, but considering the expenses of a new house, we’re going to table that vacation for now. I hope we can still get some sort of long weekend away soon, but it might be closer to our anniversary in May. For now we’ll stick around here and celebrate with something a little more low key (Chris, feel free to get any of these things for me ).
A sweet Amore bowl for stashing all those jewels our loved one’s should be adding to our collection.
Of course, a nice card to show your love is necessary. I love the moon, and this card.
Is your Valentine a fan of sweet and salty like I am? You have got to gift Esther Price’s chocolate covered potato chips. They are as good as they sound.
This gold heart necklace is lovely and dainty, and only $8. A perfectly small and thoughtful gift.
A comfy Love Conquers All tee would make a great outfit for a Valentine’s Day brunch.
Add a bright pink punch to your lips, day or night with this Posh Pink tinted lip balm.