I’m trying to get back to blogging. It’s been a while. But my New Years resolution is not to blog more, like it has been in years past. I know my limits, especially with an already overflowing plate of responsibilities. I do love having this space to connect with people and as a creative/journalistic outlet so it’s not going anywhere.
A couple weeks ago we had the first round of snow that kept us trapped at home for two and a half days. And now this week, we’re on day two of working from home. Not gonna lie, I’m a little over it. I mean yes, it’s nice to hang out with Chris and watch TV while we work, but not being able to venture out of the house can make a girl go a little stir crazy.
At least it’s pretty to stare at.
This giant branch did fall, but I’m just glad it landed in the yard and wasn’t an entire tree. We have tons of big trees around so I’ve been worried with all the ice we’ve had, but hopefully they’ll all keep standing strong.
I thought some baking last night would help, so I made oatmeal chocolate chip cookies…or cookie. Whoops! The good thing is this giant cookie still tasted amazing.
Today, as I sit here in my pajamas, I’m thinking I need to do a couple things. 1) A little at-home workout to get my body moving. 2) Take a shower and put on some makeup.
I’m thinking this workout looks like a quick and good one.
Hope you have a great day!
1. Our big Moose enjoying the pretty white view of the front yard. He really loved playing in the snow and whined a lot when he had to come inside.
2. Lorde is awesome. I hadn’t listened to her entire album but after all the Grammy’s she won I decided I needed to hear it for myself. It’s great! 30 seconds in and I loved it. You should listen if you haven’t already! Another thing I love about her is that she’s a Kiwi. I studied abroad in New Zealand and absolutely fell in love with that country and its people.
3. Working from home for two and a half days was quite nice (allowed me to blog everyday this week – holler!), but I’m oh so glad our city is back to its normal self today.
4. Last night we even snuck out for some dinner. Chris and I were both sick of being in the house and didn’t want to plan one more meal at home. Instead we opted for someone else to make us pizza.
5. It’s Friday. Have a great weekend! The end.
I made this Tortellini Soup with Artichokes the other night and both Chris and I really enjoyed it. It was extremely fast and easy to make and made great leftovers. I also love that it gives you something else to do with tortellini. Typically I just cover them in pasta sauce, so this was a nice change of pace.
The only alteration I made to the recipe was that I used 1% milk instead of half and half. Still very good – as a matter of fact the broth was my favorite thing about this soup!
Well we got hit hard yesterday. Hard for Atlanta standards. Then the timing of the snow made things even worse. It started a little after 11am, but most people didn’t leave work until 1 or 2pm. Atlanta traffic is already bad, but then you put everyone on untreated, icy roads at once it becomes insanity.
I am very thankful that my family all made it home safely and luckily it didn’t take them too long. I have a co-worker who had to travel only 8 miles but it took over 10 hours. Children were stuck at schools, people were stranded in cars. Hotels are totally booked and many people resorted to sleeping in grocery stores and drugstores. It was and still is one giant mess.
Luckily snow is so pretty. I managed to get out for a little bit today to get these pictures. I didn’t last long though – I’m not a cold weather girl!
P.S. Happy birthday to my brother-in-law, Damon!! Have fun sledding in all the snow!